I want to enable my application to be able to display it's own interface when time machine opens, so that users can see what the data in the application looked like at that point in time, similar to the way applications like Mail and iPhoto display their interfaces in Time Machine.

I did a little digging, and found that Mail has an application called MailTimeMachineHelper inside it's bundle, but I don't see this bundle referenced under Info.plist or anything that would tell Time Machine to load this app.

Is there a key I have to add? Is this functionality hard-coded into Time Machine and only available in the iApps? Is this possible at all, because apple doesn't seem to have any documentation on it, and it seems like a useful thing to have in third party apps.

Omar Qazi
Hello, Galaxy!
1.310.294.1593