On 25.08.2016 at 19:47 Keary Suska wrote:

>> On Aug 25, 2016, at 9:45 AM, Andreas Falkenhahn <andr...@falkenhahn.com>
>> wrote:

>> Tested it, the window is clearly main and key, this is the debug output:

>> CHECK: 0x10040b4d0 0x10040b4d0 0x10040b4d0

>> i.e. [NSApp mainWindow], [NSApp keyWindow] and my NSWindow pointer are
>> exactly the same before runModalForWindow() is called.

> What are they *after* the modal loop has ended?

They are both set to a window pointer that doesn't belong to my application.
I've logged both pointers directly after runModalForWindow() returns.

> What happens if you add -orderOut: to the button action method?

Ok, this solves the problem. But still, shouldn't this be handled automatically
by runModalForWindow()? Why does it activate a window that doesn't belong to
my application when it returns? That doesn't look reasonable to me at all...

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andr...@falkenhahn.com