Hi all,

Apparently a simple task, but no obvious API for it: getting the length (size)
of a file I have a NSFileHandle for. This class has no -length property, so how
can I get it?

I need to know because I have a requirement to create a backup copy of a file
once it exceeds a certain size. This backup is created when I first open the
file as a NSFileHandle. I can read the content of the file and find out the
size that way, but I’d rather not first read it into memory if I’m just going
to create my backup copy and then start over with an empty file - reading it
all in just to find the length seems a bit wrong, is all.

—Graham