Ok, I don't know why but AV Foundation seems to reject this *.mov file
generally.
I tried to play it using the "AVSimplePlayer" example code obtained from here
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/technotes/tn2300/_index.html
and it says "Asset is not playable". When trying to play it using the QuickTime
Player there is a lengthy dialog which says "Converting..." first and the video
is converted to some mysterious format until it is finally playable. God knows
why. On 10.6 the video just played straight out of the box, both with the
QuickTime
Player and the OpenMovieFile() etc. APIs for Carbon.

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andr...@falkenhahn.com