On Jun 19, 2008, at 7:57 AM, Fedor Larin wrote:

I need to allow user to save some data to a file or a recordable cd ( dvd ),
using NSSavePanel. Is it possible to programmatically add an icon
representing recordable media to NSSavePanel's sidebar? Writing will be performed on-fly, so standard way used in Finder with 'untitled cd' icon and
'burn' button is unsuitable.

Fedor:

The finder has to save the sidebar state to disk somewhere. I image that it would be possible to read that file and change the place where it mentions all the items in the sidebar to include your directory. If I had to guess I would probably say that sidebar data is stored in ~/ Library/Preferenced/com.apple.finder.plist. If this is true, you can read all of the data into a NSDictionary, which will make the file very easy to edit make it very easy to edit.

You also might need to restart finder after you make the change using something like "killall finder".

Omar Qazi
Hello, Galaxy!
1.310.294.1593