Hello,

I have simple progress bar in a window that refuses to update normally.
Its doubleValue is bound to the progress value of my ProgressController class,
so is “animating" and “indeterminate".
If I print the values during a job everything is correct, but the progress bar
won’t update. It looks indeterminate or determinate at 100%.
Only the “animating” binding results in animated display.
The progress value and other values are changed on a background thread.
The main thread remains responsive (for example I can click on a checkbox and
see its state change).
I would expect this to work but no dice.

I have checked the visibleRect, tried every combination of
setNeedsDisplayInRect,displayIfNeeded() and display() in order to force it but
no success.The only way to get it to draw is this code:

        progressBar.performSelectorOnMainThread( #selector(NSView.display),
withObject:nil, waitUntilDone:false )

What am I missing (or is this normal)?
Bindings don’t get me much here if I need to create an outlet to progressBar
and call perform...

TIA,

Jan E.