I am trying to enumerate the contents of a directory (aka folder) using
NSDirectoryEnumerator.
My problem is that the file attributes always returns NSFileTypeRegular,
no matter whether it is an alias/symlink or a regular file.

You can see my code below.

I have tried to retrieve the file attributes with attributesOfItemAtPath:error:
, and with fileAttributes,
both dictionaries returned by those methods are exactly the same, AFAICS.

According to the documentation

https://developer.apple.com/reference/foundation/nsfilemanager/1410452-attributesofitematpath?language=objc
I would at least attributesOfItemAtPath:error expect to show
NSFileTypeSymbolicLink for the aliases and symlinks.

Could some kind soul please shed some light on this? or give me a hint?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Gabriel.

My code:

- (void) scanDirectoryByHand: (NSString*) dir
{
    NSDirectoryEnumerator *     enumerator = [fmanager_ enumeratorAtPath: dir];
    for ( NSString * file in enumerator )
    {
        fattrs = [fmanager_ attributesOfItemAtPath: [dir
stringByAppendingPathComponent: file] error: NULL];
        fattrs = [enumerator fileAttributes];
        NSString * filetype = [fattrs objectForKey: NSFileType];
        if ( ! [filetype isEqualToString: NSFileTypeRegular] ||
             [NSNumber numberWithBool: YES] == [fattrs objectForKey:
NSFileExtensionHidden] )