On 14 Oct 2016, at 23:33, Stephane Sudre wrote:

I ended up writing a category for NSManager to deal with this using
the xattr.h APIs. […]

If the goal is to copy extended attributes (as one post alluded to) then there is the `COPYFILE_METADATA` flag which can be used with x-man-page://3/copyfile

Although I seem to recall some crash issues when used with network drives, my code skips it for non-local drives with a reference to <rdar://17480649> but that report seems to have been marked “secret” so I can no longer read it…