I'm trying to build some I wrote last year (actually this is code in a library
I used last year), and under Xcode 8 I'm getting warnings like these:

'objectForKeyedSubscript:' is partial: introduced in macOS 10.8
'objectForKeyedSubscript:' has been explicitly marked partial here
Explicitly redeclare 'objectForKeyedSubscript:' to silence this warning

The error occurs with the subscript on names[] below:

   NSMutableDictionary *names = self.categoryNames;
   NSMutableOrderedSet *categories = names[cacheKey];

I'm building on 10.12 and targeting 10.11. I don't see how to explicitly
redeclare it, since it's on NSMutableDictionary. Do I have to do so in an
extension? I don't understand. Why is this even a warning?

--
Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com