Hi all,

If I drag a default NSNumberFormatter from IB's 'object library' into my xib
and wire it to an NSTextField my numbers don't display the thousands separator.
 The "localize format" checkbox is checked by default; the tooltip for that
checkbox says thousands separators should be applied.

Looking at the .xib in a text editor, the formatter is represented as:

 <numberFormatter formatterBehavior="default10_4" usesGroupingSeparator="NO"
groupingSize="0" minimumIntegerDigits="0" maximumIntegerDigits="42"
id="AlZ-Ed-xTo" userLabel="myFormatter"/>

I guess the "usesGroupingSeparator="NO"" explains things. :)

In 'System Preferences > Language&Region > Advanced > General' there is a
setting to choose the thousands separator, mine is set to 'space'.

Why on Earth does a default NSNumberFormatter ignore the user's choice?  Am I
alone thinking this is buggy?

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 s...@rogue-research.com