On Nov 4, 2016, at 02:56:27, Jean-Daniel <d...@xenonium.com> wrote:

> I don’t get it. NSCollectionView is a very flexible class. If you are not
> happy with the default flow layout, just write your own.
>
> From the reference:
> "     • The layout object specifies the position and appearance of items
> onscreen. AppKit defines layout objects that you can use as-is, but you can
> also define custom layouts by subclassing NSCollectionViewLayout. »

Write my own? It might come to that, but it won't help NSCollectionView's
laughable implementation of shift-arrowKey and shift-click selection. And I
shouldn't have to, really, since NSCollectionView is supposed to be The Way To
Do Stuff.

But that doesn't help with my question. It clearly knows how to activate the
horizontal scrollbar when you resize the window. It activates for a bit before
it reshuffles things around to fit the new size, then deactivates it again.
There's no way to make it just stay that width?

--
Steve Mills
Drummer, Mac geek