Hi Everyone!

This one has me stumped..

I have been working on a custom UI for my Cocoa application. By looking around
the internet, I have managed to learn how to subclass a large number of UI
objects on MacOSX. In many cases I could make the appearance work the way I
want.

The last UI element that I am working on, is NSComboBoxCell. It appears to be a
NSTextFieldCell with an NSButtonCell attached. It seems fairly easy to override
“drawWithFrame:inView"  and draw a replacement artwork. But there are a bunch
of unknowns/pitfalls..

The part that I suspect that I have to subclass is the NSButtonCell that I
believe is drawing the "Arrow Button”.
But how is this done, along side the NSTextField that makes up the
NSComboBoxCell class? When I look at the NSComboBoxCell header files, I don’t
see any obvious clues to figure out the geometry of the NSButtonCell, that is
apparently being used alongside the NSTextField, itself.

Are there any ways to get to the NSButtonCell stored inside the NSComboBoxCell
Object? (Ideally so that I can override and install my own NSButtonCell..)

Thanks in advance!

bob..