Well, not really. I'll try to explain a bit more.

I have a table and it takes up the bottom 1/2 of the screen. When a user
swipes up, instead of scrolling the cells, the table moves up the screen
until it's at 100px from the top - and at that point, the swipe scrolls the
cells up. When the table is scrolled down (the cells) to the point where
the 1st row is displayed, the swipe moves the whole table back down to a .y
of 1/2 of the screen.

The Penguins (Pittsburgh) app (powered by YinzCam) does this very well.