Sean,

Originally I did store bookmarks back when my app allowed users to pick
background music from their music libraries. But I could find no way to
play bookmarked library music at a low background volume, so I abandoned
that and just began using a .wav file stored with the app’s resources. If
anyone knows how to play music from the library at a low volume, without
screwing up the system volume for other apps, e.g. Music.app, I’d love to
learn it.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Sean McBride <s...@rogue-research.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 10:25:46 -0500, Charles Jenkins said:
>
> >When the app starts up, we call NSUserDefaults.standard.register( [
> “bgm” :
> ><myfilename> ) to default to the real file name, so the user will hear
>
> Charles,
>
> It's also best practice not to store file names/paths, but instead to
> store "bookmarks".  See NSURL's bookmarkDataWithOptions:
> includingResourceValuesForKeys:relativeToURL:error:.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Sean McBride, B. Eng                 s...@rogue-research.com

Charles