On 31.12.2016 at 00:00 Quincey Morris wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2016, at 13:58 , Carl Hoefs
> <newsli...@autonomy.caltech.edu> wrote:

>> UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend is useful for multi-user professional apps (such
>> as medical apps associated with hardware). Otherwise there is the potential
>> of a different user reactivating the app without having to log into it, and
>> thus gaining access to private information.

> This makes no sense to me.

Call me old school, but to me being able to completely close a piece
of software is the most natural, most common sensical thing in the
world, like turning off my car or locking my house's front door. I've
never really understood why on mobile platforms closable apps have
suddenly become "exotic" or even evil. But I'm sure the powers that
be have some rational explanation for this decision. ;-)

$0.02

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andr...@falkenhahn.com