This discussion seems to connect with a question I have had: what's the
"proper" way to refer from a first document to a second document, if
the second document may not have a fixed location in the filesystem?
It sounds like "file references" (perhaps these are roughly in
correspondence with an inode number?) are on their way out.  Should one
use some metadata that's indexed by Spotlight?

I ask because in the app that I'm building in my spare time, I would
like someday to create hyperlinks between documents.

Dave

--
David Young
dyo...@pobox.com    Urbana, IL    (217) 721-9981