> On Feb 14, 2017, at 8:37 AM, John Brownie <john_brow...@sil.org> wrote:
>
> I have an NSTableView in a document window, and a utility window which
> functions as an inspector, so its content is bound to the selected object in
> the table in the document window. Everything seems fine, but there is a place
> which doesn't function as I expect.
>
> In the inspector, I can change the display name of the object, which makes
> the table drop its selection, so that nothing is selected any more. All OK,
> but the tableViewSelectionDidChange: delegate method isn't called in this
> instance. In a way, I can see that it's not the user changing the selection,
> but the problem becomes that now the inspector is still pointed at an object,
> but there's no selection, and the logic goes badly wrong.
>
> Am I doing things incorrectly, or is there something that I can do to ensure
> that the change to the underlying array shown by the table triggers a
> selection change?

If you are otherwise getting delegate calls when you manually (i.e. NOT
programmatically) change the selection, then you are running into the
situations where notifications are not sent when programmatic selection changes
are made. The only way around this is to watch directly for selection changes,
which you may be able to accomplish either by observing selectedRowIndexes of
NSTableView or selectionIndex(es) of an NSArrayController that the table view
is bond to.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.