On 25/02/17 21:01, Quincey Morris wrote:
On Feb 25, 2017, at 11:16 , Markus Spoettl <ms_li...@shiftoption.com
<mailto:ms_li...@shiftoption.com>> wrote:

My concern is that my packages can get huge in the 100MB to multiple GB range
with hundreds of folders and thousands of individual files inside. Will the
NSDocument storing system/AppKit cope with that?

My understanding is that the versioning storage is granular, in the sense that
large files are broken into parts, and only changed parts are re-written to
disc. Using document packages should help this work better, assuming that your
saves typically touch a fairly small number of files. So it’s worth testing to
see what happens.

I suspect it could use the same hard linking mechanisms that the package saving machinery uses itself, were a copy actually doesn't cost a lot and is fast. If that's the case my documents won't be a problem as most of the content stays the same between saves, usually.

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

Best Regards
Markus