On Feb 28, 2017, at 01:08 PM, sumit bansal <sumitonline.ban...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello All,

I need to get process information (specifically: processSignature and
processType).

As API GetProcessInformation has been deprecated. So I was trying to get
the information from NSRunningApplication, but not able to find the exact
property/method for upper mentioned info.

The process signature is an old way of identifying applications and processes.
The modern equivalent would be the bundle identifier. From an
NSRunningApplication you can get its bundleIdentifier. If you need more info,
you can probably get the NSBundle for it and gets its infoDictionary. The
process type is the CFBundlePackageType entry in the dict. Note that the
CFBundleSignature is also in there, but not all apps will have a decent value
in there.

Sent from iCloud's ridiculous UI, so, sorry about the formatting