On Mar 2, 2017, at 13:43 , Thaddeus Cooper <tcoo...@nomoreboxes.com> wrote:

> Specifically the section titled "Testing for Equality and Conformance."

I agree with your and Ben’s advice to use UTI-specific equality and conformance
testing, but I’d point out that this doesn’t actually resolve the original
question, which is (essentially) whether “com.yourcompany.xxx” and
“com.yourcompany.Xxx” are the same UTI or different ones. Or, the slightly more
slippery question of whether Apple supports uppercase in UTIs at all, which
seems to be in doubt.

Pragmatically, I still say the best approach is to choose all-lowercase UTIs
always. Why pick a fight with a 600-pound gorilla?