The formatting with the custom formatter is working. Due to a misunderstanding
on my part, I was incorrectly assuming that the validation method was not
called. Actually, that is only the case when the formatter returns "false" from
its getObjectValue(:for:errorDescription:) method, which I guess is by design.
On the contrary, when the formatter decides the input is valid, my validation
method indeed gets called.

Thanks for your suggestion on using a custom validation method.

--
Luc Van Bogaert
Follow my Blog @ http://folkwire.wordpress.com