> On Mar 6, 2017, at 12:37 PM, Chris Ridd <chrisr...@mac.com> wrote:
>

>> On 6 Mar 2017, at 13:28, davel...@mac.com wrote:
>>
>> I have an iOS app (Attendance2) written in Objective-C. One of my users
>> upgraded to the public 10.3 iOS beta and reported he could no longer open
>> his documents (I have a subclass of UIManagedDocument so they are Core Data
>> files stored in the package/directory format that UIManagedDocument uses). I
>> didn’t notice any issues with my test device using the developer beta of
>> 10.3. He changed the file names from Arabic to Roman and then he said he
>> could open them.
>>
>> Everything I do with NSString is via UTF8 (and it worked fine with Arabic
>> letters for this person before updating to the 10.3 beta) so I don’t think
>> I’m doing anything wrong.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> If that iOS beta has upgraded the user’s filesystem to APFS, then it may be
> an iOS bug that you need to report.
>
> Chris

I'm assuming the public beta upgraded to APFS (as I believe I read the
developer betas upgraded to APFS). I'm trying to figure out if this an Apple
bug (i.e., either APFS isn't handling his Arabic filenames correctly or perhaps
something went wrong in the upgrade from HFS+ to APFS) or if perhaps it is a
bug in my app (I doubt since all I'm doing is taking the NSString they enter
and using it as the filename).

Is there anything else we could try to see which one of those it likely is? I'm
going to ask him to create a new file and use an Arabic name and see if that
works (i.e., was it just an issue with existing files in Arabic).

Thanks,
Dave Reed