Hello List,

I've done a lot of testing and googling but I can't figure out how or even if it is possible to completely hide a divider of a NSSplitView.

Suppose I have a split view setup like this:

   A      B

B is collapsible through a button, not through dragging (there is a min and max constraint on the divider too). I have a button that toggles the view from collapsed to expanded and back. However, when view is collapsed the divider is still visible on the right edge of the split view.

I've tried sizing the subviews myself in my own custom SplitView subclass - not using NSSplitView's -setPosition: - but even that doesn't help. The splitview somehow adjusts the the frames after they have been set so the divider stays visible, not matter what you do.

Instruments is an example of an app that has splitters that work like I want it. The Extended Details pane toggles on and off using a button (on the bottom toolbar). When collapsed there is no divider visible and you can expand it by using the button only.

Is that something I can do with NSSplitView? If so, how?

Regards
Markus