I used to use a single view controller, in a storyboard, with all the
controls/views laid out, including any object/array controllers in the top bar
along with the view-controller reference and the first responder icon. Now I
moved to a network of view controllers, i.e. split- and tab-view-controllers.
This means that the various parts can’t access each other anymore. I have a
custom window controller class with a reference to the model and an object
controller that points to the model. Since the view controller tree is fixed, I
can walk it and keep references to each view controller. While walking the
tree, I make the model’s object controller the represented-object for each view
controller (with Cocoa Bindings). I think each view controller has a reference
to its top view; this means I can walk each controller for the individual
scroll, clip, and table/text views.

Now the view controller that contains the table view also has an array
controller connecting the table to the model’s object controller. When walking
the controller tree, how can I get a reference to that array controller to
store as a property in my window controller class? (Or anything in that top
icon strip besides the controller itself) I want to keep referencing the same
object & array controllers already allocated when I build my tree of text
blocks to support find.

—
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie