Op 22 jun 2008, om 00:18 heeft Jens Alfke het volgende geschreven:

On 21 Jun '08, at 3:33 AM, René v Amerongen wrote:

Now I have to make a similar database but then that the Laptop users can work offline. I would like to have them sync their local copy with the server when they are online again.

Is this possible with Coredata and SQL? Does someone has suggestions in this directions?

CoreData doesn't support any database servers, only sqlite, which operates on local database files.

Of course you can write your own code that takes a local CoreData store and a remote database server, and compares and syncs the data; but you're on your own in building that. You'll need a 3rd party library to even talk to the server.

—Jens

The way that I did before was, creating my own local database, en then when there was a change, replicate the changed data, using DO, to the server.

But then I have to keep things in memory.

I was hoping for new ideas or that In the Snow version was something new. I guess the way to go is, use a local SQL store with CoreData, and replicate the changed data from local to the server using DO.
The server will also have coredata using SQL.
But what should I do?

1. The server should have multiply network entries/connections, but only one entry to the coredata > SQL

2. The server should have multiply network entries/connections, and equal multiply entries to the coredata > SQL <- will coredata keep the data uptodate from different read/write requests ( entries) of the same data? If f.e one connection do a request for data A and change something of data A, that a second connection who want also read Data A get the update data?