On 6/22/08 2:53 AM, "Devraj Mukherjee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have gathered that Core Data (as brilliant as it is) doesn't yet
> support client/server databases. I am writing an application which
> will be installed on multiple machines but would like share the single
> data source.
>
> Since there will be large amount of data the thought at this stage is
> to use something like MySQL obviously at the risk of not being able to
> use some so cool as CoreData. Are there any suggestions as to what the
> best way to approach this problem is.
>
> I am certain I am not the first one to ask this question but can't
> find any valuable clues.

You can check Valentina database.

Valentina offers (royalty free) both:
    * local only db
    * client/server remote db

With only 2-3 lines to change, or even app can handle in the same time both
local and remote Valentina dbs.

Valentina offers Object-Relational Data model on the db level,
And it offers nice OO API for Cocoa developers.

You can read below a testimonial about Valentina for Cocoa from our page:
    http://www.paradigmasoft.com/en/testimonials

Let me know if you have more questions about Valentina.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology