On May 22, 2017, at 06:23:32, Dave <d...@looktowindward.com> wrote:

> I changed it to use UIBezierPath but now I get errors on the 3 + methods it
> uses - fillRect, setDefaultLineWidth and strokeRect.

It would really help if we knew what the errors were.

>       myPath = [UIBezierPath bezierPathWithRect:myRect];
>       [self.pPaneColor set];
>       [myPath fill];

If you're simply filling a rect, there are simpler ways:

UIRectFill(rect);

> Also, I’m guessing it should be setNeedsDisplayInRect instead of
> setNeedsDisplay,
>
> I changed this to:
>
> [self setNeedsDisplayInRect:self.frame];
>
> Is this correct or should it be self.bounds?

It totally depends on what you're trying to do, and from where. If you just
need your entire view to redraw, use setNeedsDisplay. If it's a more localized,
specific rect you need to redraw, use setNeedsDisplayInRect and give it a rect
local to the view.

--
Steve Mills
Drummer, Mac geek