Check out CoreImage ColorControls filter, which has a Saturation parameter:

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Reference/CoreImageFilterReference/#//apple_ref/doc/filter/ci/CIColorControls

<https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Reference/CoreImageFilterReference/#//apple_ref/doc/filter/ci/CIColorControls>

"To calculate saturation, this filter linearly interpolates between a grayscale
image (saturation = 0.0) and the original image (saturation = 1.0).”

Doug Hill