Where I work we have spent a fair amount of trying unsuccessfully to get
self-sizing collection view cells to work as described by Apple documentation
with UICollectionViews that have any sort of complexity. I would suggest trying
to implement the sizeForItemAtIndexPath delegate method to see if that solves
your problem. Sorry if the name of the method is slightly off. I can’t look it
up at the moment.