> On Mar 16, 2018, at 9:03 AM, David Catmull <davidcatm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> After I set up a somewhat complex view hierarchy, I'm getting a crash with
> this exception:
>
> 2018-03-16 08:59:21.814873-0600 App[31201:13046721] *** Assertion failure
> in -[NSLayoutConstraint setPriority:],
> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/Foundation/Foundation-1451/Foundation/Layout.subproj/NSLayoutConstraint.m:222
>
> It happens on the main event loop where none of my code is involved; I
> never set constraint priorities myself. What could be causing this error?

Have you tried manually exercising the constraints? In Interface Builder drag
the views into random positions and sizes then click "Update Frames” to force
the constraint system to apply the constraints. This may uncover any errors you
have in the constraints containted in the view hierarchy.

--Richard Charles