I have a situation where I want a user tap on a UILabel to generate a segue.
(Yes, it sounds a bit strange, but it makes sense in context.)

Working with a storyboard, I add a Tap Gesture Recognizer, connect it to the
label, and connect the segue to the gesture recognizer. I think I've set
everything up correctly, but tapping on the label does not trigger the segue.

Before I spend even more time double-checking my setup, I would like to ask if
this is possible. I.e., should I be able to trigger a segue from a gesture
recognizer? (IB lets me do it...) and if so, is my approach correct? I figure I
ought to be able to do this programmatically, but working in the storyboard is
just so much nicer... By the way (if this makes a difference), the segue is
connected to a Storyboard Reference, rather than to a scene in the current
storyboard. Could this be the problem?

What do you think?

Cheers,

Rick Aurbach