AFAIK the .icloud files are placeholders iCloud creates for Finder to show
while a file is still downloading (there will be a little indicator next to it
in Finder list view showing it's still downloading.

You should probably just ignore those files and wait until iCloud has finished
downloading.

Their content is probably just information needed to show the progress in
Finder, if anything at all. Or it is partial file data, maybe with space
already reserved for the final size.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de