> On Oct 25, 2018, at 6:31 AM, Georg Seifert <georg.seif...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> When I build my app with Xcode 10, Mojave uses the new layer backed windows.
> My view drawing is (not yet) able to dealt with layer backed views.

NSWindow has a content view and a view and can be layer backed. NSView has
supported layer backing since OS X 10.5.

> So is there a way to disable the new window system? The only way I fond is
> not to link against the 10.14 SDK. But that is the SDK Xcode 10 is using even
> in 10.13.

AppKit Release Notes for macOS 10.14

"Windows in apps linked against the macOS 10.14 SDK are displayed using Core
Animation when the app is running in macOS 10.14. This doesn’t mean that all
views are layer-backed; rather, it means that all views are either layer-backed
or draw into a shared layer with other layers.”

The release notes say nothing about this behavior being optional.

> Is there a way to link against the 10.13 SDK in Xcode 10. Any other ideas?

Not sure about linking but I think you need to make your views compatible with
layer backing.

--Richard Charles