> > I just started testing a port of my application to Mojave. I'm
> > having a rather odd problem with NSString drawAtPoint
> > withAttributes. I use that to add text to graph windows. All the
> > lines and fills look fine, but the text, done with drawAtPoint,
> > doesn't show on the screen. However, if I take the window and create
> > a PDF from it, everything looks fine. It also works fine on High
> > Sierra. Anybody have any idea what might be going wrong with this?
>
> Are you just running your app on Mojave or are you also building
> against the 10.14 SDK?

I built it in XCode 10.1. I don't see an option on that to choose the
SDK---all it shows is "Mac OSX" as the Base SDK.

  Are you able to test a version of your app
> that was built against an earlier SDK?  Does that show the same issue
> when run on Mojave?

If I run a build from before XCode 10.1, it works fine.

> Where/when are you calling -drawAtPoint:withAttributes:?  Is it within
> a view's -drawRect: method?  Or are you trying to draw at some other
> time?

Yes, in the drawRect.

> Does the "Layer-Backed Views" section of the AppKit Release Notes for
> 10.14 explain what you're seeing?
> <https://developer.apple.com/documentation/macos_release_notes/macos_m
> ojave_10_14_release_notes/appkit_release_notes_for_macos_10_14#3014921

I'm not really sure how. As I said, any non-text information seems to
be drawn correctly. Why would only the text not get drawn
properly?

> Regards,
> Ken

---