Ah, just remembered Uli Kusterer's "NSRectFill considered harmful"
http://www.zathras.de/angelweb/blog-nsrectfill-considered-harmful.htm

I thought that disabledControlTextColor was gray, but it is black with an alpha
of 0.8!

NSRectFillUsingOperation(NSMakeRect(5,5,20,20),
NSCompositingOperationSourceOver);
made it work!
/Lars

Den 7. mar. 2019 kl. 20.33 skrev Lars C. Hassing