It's not clear from the docs what this method does when the NSFileHandle is associated with a file. The docs say it will return an empty NSData at EOF, but what I'm seeing instead is this: I get back an NSData with -length = 50, even though the file is less than half that length. Upon examination, the data matches that of the file for the first part, and the rest of the bytes look like garbage.

Subsequently, I get notified many times with 0-length data (presumably because I'm at the end of the file).

But why wouldn't it return just the bytes in the file? This seems very broken.

TIA,
--
Rick