> On 13 Sep 2019, at 5:58 pm, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
>> They've pulled the same trick again with 10.15 but this time, the installer
>> for the headers is also missing meaning I'm unable to compile 3rd party
>> software using the command line tools because of missing headers like zlib
>> and libxml2.
>
> That's the first I've heard of this — I've had Xcode 11 for months and I
> build 3rd party software with CLI tools all the time. And I assume lots of
> other people do too, otherwise HomeBrew would be pretty broken :)
>
> The SDK headers aren't installed in /usr/include or
> /System/Library/Frameworks, but Clang's default header search path is
> pre-configured to include the equivalent dirs in the SDK.

Hmm, I must be dreaming...or maybe just sleeping! It looks like the headers
*were* included with the command line tools this year.  The ./configure script
for the tool I'm building has flags for specifying the path to zlib and libxml,
setting these to /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr allows
the whole thing to compile perfectly now. Thank you.

Something has definitely changed with the dev-tools setup though, as I never
had to do that in the past.  Regardless, it's working now, so I'm happy.

Thanks
Mark