> The bounds origin is the origin of the coordinate system for sublayers of
> that layer, and thus changing the bounds origin moves sublayers around.

Thanks a lot for the insight.

Just out of curiosity (or for fellow developers):
I have just read up about the bounds property in the NSView documentation.
It says there that bounds defines the view's rectangle "in its own coordinate
system".
If that were the case, then ‒ by definition! - the origin of bounds is always
0,0,
and it does not make any mathematical sense to set it to any other value.
In fact, it does not even make sense to expose the origin as a value.

So, yes, I am now using position and set the gravity to Resize.

Best regards, Gabriel