I have recently looked at utilising Swift to update an old Carbon based
application. I stopped pursuing this path Swiftly, in part because of lack
of good support for sockets and generally problematic use of CG* code.

I tried a completely new approach - Electron. I have found Electron to be
surprisingly quick to prototype, easy to bridge to c++, and is cross
platform (non mobile at least). I would not have recommended a non-native
approach until recently, but for what it is worth, I've come to realise
this is one of the better options available these days. YMMV.

Sam