> Le 16 oct. 2019 à 11:49, Stephane Sudre via Cocoa-dev
> <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> a écrit :
>
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 2:26 PM Sandor Szatmari via Cocoa-dev
> <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:
>
>> But honestly, I don’t have enough Swift experience to know if you can write
>> bad Swift code.
>
> I'm just reading Swift code here and there and it's my personal
> opinion that 75% of the Swift code I read is bad code.

That matches my observation whatever the language is.
This is not something related to Swift. This is just how most developers works.

> Why do Swift developers think it's mandatory to write code that is illegible?
> Is Swift mainly used by freelances or consultants that will not have
> to maintain the software?

Not more than other projects with language designed to be easy to use and
usable by as many people as possible.

You won’t find as much bad C++ and Rust code because the complexity of the
languages filter out casual developers.