Jerry;

Thanks for updating that info. Your info has helped a lot in my own
notarization efforts.

The Notarization system consists of two parts - the front end that our scripts
communicate with to request takes and get info, and a back-end that actually
does the notarization work. When we get that error, it is the back-end that is
down.
And the response is correct - the front end doesn’t know anything about that
task, because no one is at home to tell it. The data is queued, and will run
eventually when the back end comes back up. If you watch your history info over
time, you will see the task complete. Still, when this happens it is
aggravating. Adding a check for that error in the script really helps; at least
it tells me why Notarization is taking so long. My scripts will then abort the
request, and we will queue up a fresh build later.

The notarization service should be running just fine at present, at least that
is what the developer status page is indicating:
https://developer.apple.com/system-status/
<https://developer.apple.com/system-status/>

Jack