From: Keary Suska <cocoa-...@esoteritech.com>
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2019 12:18 PM
To: Robert Walsh <rwa...@envisionware.com>
Cc: Cocoa-Dev (Apple) <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com>
Subject: Re: Permission Denied trying to connect to localhost in unit test

I would first test to see if you can access networking at all—i.e. connect to a
public HTTP server and see if it works. If it doesn’t, then you are probably
running against the entitlements issue. I suspect that the “dummy target”
indicated is simply a GUI app wrapper built just for testing but not for
deployment. Should be easy enough because it doesn’t have to do anything in the
GUI.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.