I've been playing around with the NSOutlineView, and as seems to be the
usual case, the documentation from Apple is seriously deficient.

I've been trying to use bindings to a tree controller, but I'm having
difficulty getting element selection to work. I'm guessing that this would
be done by binding to the tree controller using "Selection Index Paths
(...)", but exactly what needs to be done there is unclear.

Is there a worked-through example using interface builder and
outlineview-treecontroller bindings, or should I give up on bindings and
start using NSOutlineViewDelegate and rampant NSOutlineView subclassing?

-jeff