On Feb 12, 2020, at 08:56 , Gabriel Zachmann <z...@cs.uni-bremen.de> wrote:

> So rather than having the last part being chopped off (which is the important
> part),
> I would like to remove the beginning of the path, since that is unimportant.

For partial paths, you can try converting the URLs to URLComponents, then
constructing a relative URL whose base URL is the directory you searched in.
That might give you a relative path that you can display.

If that doesn’t give a suitable result, you’ll have to do a bit of work, but
not much. Starting from a file URL, starting taking the last component of the
URL (property “lastPathComponent”), and building it up into a path string. Keep
removing the last component until the shortened URL equals the pictures
directory.

That’s a bit hand-wavy on the details, but it shouldn’t be too hard to code.