Hi,

All I can think of that this behaviour has changed on your version of
MacOS/XCode.

You can do the same thing as the template by manually adding the files, e.g
copy your “ViewController” file, rename it and then add it to the new project.
You will need to make sure that the Storyboard/Nibs are the same too. Ether add
the elements needed yourself or copy the existing storyboard/nib(s) rename and
add to the new project.

All the Best
Dave