Hello all,

Given a URL to an image I currently do this to grab image properties (ignoring
error handling to simplify the example code)

let imgRef = CGImageSourceCreateWithURL(url as CFURL, nil)
let imgProps = CGImageSourceCopyPropertiesAtIndex(imgRef, 0, nil) as
NSDictionary?
let GPSDictionary = kCGImagePropertyGPSDictionary as NSString
let gpsData = imgProps[GPSDictionary] as? [String: AnyObject]

gpsData contains only one entry, the GPS Version.  FWIW Apple’s Preview.app has
the same issue.  It, too, only sees the GPS Version.  Yet when I use something
like exiftool to request GPS info I see this:

exiftool -a -gps:all /Users/marc/Desktop/IMG_4843.CR3
GPS Version ID                  : 2.3.0.0
GPS Latitude Ref                : North
GPS Latitude                    : 52 deg 32' 12.00"
GPS Longitude Ref               : East
GPS Longitude                   : 13 deg 25' 39.92"
GPS Altitude Ref                : Above Sea Level
GPS Altitude                    : 40.51099831 m

So the data I need is somewhere in the metadata, but CGImage... can’t see it.
This is only reported to be an issue when processing Cannon raw CR3 format
files.

Does anyone have any hints on how else I might grab the GPS info?

Marc