I have a ScreenSaverView instantiated and added to a window of a stand-alone
app like this:

In MasterViewController:
- (void) viewDidLoad
{
    [super viewDidLoad];

    saver_ = [[ArtSaverView alloc] initWithFrame: self.view.frame isPreview: NO
];
    [self.view addSubview: saver_];

    [saver_ setTranslatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints: NO];
    NSLayoutConstraint *left = [NSLayoutConstraint constraintWithItem: saver_
attribute: NSLayoutAttributeLeft
                                                            relatedBy:
NSLayoutRelationEqual toItem: self.view
                                                            attribute:
NSLayoutAttributeLeft multiplier: 1.0 constant: 0.0];
    NSLayoutConstraint *right = [NSLayoutConstraint constraintWithItem: saver_
attribute: NSLayoutAttributeRight
                                                             relatedBy:
NSLayoutRelationEqual toItem: self.view
                                                             attribute:
NSLayoutAttributeRight multiplier: 1.0 constant: 0.0];
    NSLayoutConstraint *top = [NSLayoutConstraint constraintWithItem: saver_
attribute: NSLayoutAttributeTop
                                                            relatedBy:
NSLayoutRelationEqual toItem: self.view
                                                            attribute:
NSLayoutAttributeTop multiplier: 1.0 constant: 0.0];
    NSLayoutConstraint *bottom = [NSLayoutConstraint constraintWithItem: saver_
attribute: NSLayoutAttributeBottom
                                                              relatedBy:
NSLayoutRelationEqual toItem: self.view
                                                              attribute:
NSLayoutAttributeBottom multiplier: 1.0 constant: 0.0];
    [self.view addConstraints: @[left, right, top, bottom] ];

    // ...
}

ArtSaverView is declared like this:
  @interface ArtSaverView : ScreenSaverView <NSTextViewDelegate,
CALayerDelegate, CAAnimationDelegate>

The animation works fine.
Also, the MasterViewController's view has autoresizesSubviews = true, AFAICS,

However, when I resize the window (using the mouse),
the screensaverview does not get resized.
The area around the original view just remains grey and the frame of the
screensaver view keeps its original value.

I have checked that -viewDidEndLiveResize does get called.
But the view's new frame is still the old one.

I must be missing something, please advise.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Gab.