> On May 7, 2020, at 10:04 PM, Rob Petrovec <petr...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> Have you considered using a workspace to handle building all of your
> individual projects?  That should solve your file path & linking problem.

Some of the dynamically linked libraries are large. If they are put in a
workspace with the main project then it is so large it becomes cumbersome to
work with.

One library has over 1,100 source files. Using a workspace for this collection
of projects on a daily basis is not fun at all. It is actually counter
productive.

> btw, the 28 character string is a UUID.  I’m not sure about its lifetime.

I don’t think these are a UUID. If a project is moved to another computer it
has the same string appended to the project name in the build folder. If the
build location is changed in Xcode preferences the appended string remains the
same. The string does change if the name of the project enclosing folder is
changed.

So maybe I have answered my own question. The string appears to remain constant
as long as the project name and enclosing folder remain unchanged. So perhaps
there is nothing to be afraid of here with regards to this string being part of
a link path during build.

--Richard Charles