Gabriele,

When you do archive Xcode uses a different build destination.  It seems to use
/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives

It builds an Archive bundle of sorts to package your build.

You can right click in the organizer and select ‘Show In Finder’ and explore
what Xcode is building for you.  I suspect it should be correct.

Sandor