I've just had a crash in
   CGImageSourceCreateThumbnailAtIndex( new_image, 0, imageOpts );
The new_image and imageOpts were created/assigned just a few lines earlier in
the code.
(and in the debugger they appear to be non-null.)

So I was wondering if CGImageSourceCreateThumbnailAtIndex() is thread-safe.
Maybe, it would be more correct to ask whether the CGImage framework is
re-entrant.

The only other CGImage functions I am using, as far as I can see,
are CGImageRelease() and layer.content = image.
(The latter is not directly a CGImage function, but it might use them.)
These two functions might get called in a different thread -
but, of course, never on objects I pass into
CGImageSourceCreateThumbnailAtIndex() !

Any ideas as to why I am experiencing the crash, will be appreciated.

Best regards, Gabriel